Archive for the ‘Google Chrome’ Tag
My first reaction when I first heard about Google Chrome was
Oh No! Another browser to test my web application, as if Internet Explorer was not enough.
Well, after downloading it this morning and taking a look at my web application LifeMojo on it, I am staisfied that I don’t have to do any tweaks/hacks for Chrome. Some of the points to notice about Chrome:
- A new thing I noticed is the ability to resize textarea. Just open any webpage with any textarea and you will notice it.
- Ability to create shortcuts (on your desktop/quick lauch) of the web application. This will also require you to make changes in your web application if you want to use this feature for your good. Add these lines to your web page header and you are good:
<meta name="application-name" content="LifeMojo"/>
<meta name="description" content="LifeMojo"/>
<meta name="application-url" content="http://www.lifemojo.com"/>
<link rel="icon" href="lifemojo_32x32.png" sizes="32x32"/>
<link rel="icon" href="lifemojo_48x48.png" sizes="48x48"/>
Now, some of the things it is lacking:
- Support for a good developer tool like Firebug.
- Ability to open all my bookmarks in a folder (which FIrefox provides) in Tabs.
- Not much visual indication during a page load.
- No way to save the opened web page.
- Does not give any warning when I am closing Chrome with multiple tabs opened.